Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mountain Goat Hunt

Hello everyone! Yes this is another story about my hunting trips in Alaska. Are you seeing a theme? This one was a mountain goat hunt in the mountains behind Anchorage. A friend and I took a plane ride about thirty minutes east of Anchorage to a place called Lake George. The first picture is of the landing strip and me standing there waiting for Dan to arrive. It was some beautiful country but the hardest hunt I have ever been on!

Dan and I getting ready to hike to camp. The scenery is breath taking!

Pictures from the side of the mountain we climbed to get to some goats.




This goat is not one that I killed. I did shoot a goat, but it rolled off the side of a cliff which is right behind me in this picture. I was so disappointed that I went through all that effort to come away with nothing. I guess thats why it is called hunting and not killing. I'm still a little bitter about it!


No comments: