Tuesday, January 18, 2011

December & January Highlights

As you know, I am not the most avid blogger, but I do try to do it once a month so those of you who care can stay up-dated for the most part.
This was taken 2 days ago. Jackson, his "Daa-ee" and his dino.
Here is our baby at 12 weeks. The lady who did the ultrasound (bless her!) thought it was probably a girl, but could not tell for sure. I would love that! Do you know how hard it is to get an ultrasound when you want one?!?! Very hard! Who knows how many people and places I talked to before I finally found someone 2 hours away who would let me check on my baby!
It was a relief to find her (?) alive and well. Praise God!
Here we are on Christmas morning at my parent's house. Poor Jackson was sick that day, but I think all the excitement helped to make it better.
Men at the house: 4 of them live there. 2 are son-in-laws. 2 hang out there often hoping to become son-in-laws. ;)
The sisters ready for Santa to come!
I was able to get away for just a quick trip to Birmingham to go see Cortney and her new baby, Sarah Taylor, and Jessa and her older baby, Cooper. Both are so precious and I enjoyed the time I got to spend with them so much!!!

This is what happens when you leave Jackson alone with styrofoam for a little while. If you think his face was a mess....you should have seen the den!
A moose in our driveway.
A moose leaving our front porch.
We threw a Christmas party for the friends we have made here in Alaska. We ate good food and of course, played Dirty Santa. It was a lot of fun!
We also celebrated Scott's 32nd Birthday that night.
Notice Scott's trim jaw-line...that's what happens when you loose 30+lbs. Go Scott!
Notice my full jaw-line...that's what happens when you get pregnant and start packing on the lbs! :)
Our 2011 Christmas family photo taken in our back yard.

5 comments:

Summer said...

Glad things are going well. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear there is another babe on the way. You look beautiful Rachel and I really miss you!

Pat Cloud

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Love all the pics. The one of "sisters in pj's" is hilarious. Congrats on the new baby!

Erin Lewis said...

I burst out laughing when I saw Scott in what I am hoping is your pj's!!! That picture is precious - he actually makes a good looking lady, just teasing Scott!

Love the pics and update. So happy to hear about the ultrasound. You and baby are in our daily prayers!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the stupid question. What is the best search engine http://google.com or http://yahoo.com?