Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Letter 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Before I begin to ramble on, I will address the most obvious change to our family: Lilly. She is a native Alaskan who is in the foster care system along with 4 of her other siblings. She came into our lives at the end of October when a family from church decided they were no longer able to foster her. Initially we had intentions to foster then adopt, but over the past 7 weeks we have decided that it would not be the best thing for us or her. The state was not able to get her plane tickets in time to fly home with us to SC, so my good friend, Neve and her husband James are going to take her over the holidays. I know the Lord will make sure she ends up in the right home for her.

Another big piece of news for us is: I'M PREGNANT! I'm almost 9 weeks along and due July 22. Praise God for that! We are very excited about it and would appreciate any prayers as I have had 2 previous miscarriages.

Ok, as for the past year I believe the best word would have to be TRANSITION.
I left Oklahoma in May, went to SC for about a month, moved to Alaska, stayed here a couple rainy months, went back to SC for Raegen's wedding and Ross' farewell, and now we're back in Alaska. Details and pictures on all of that can be found on previous posts.

The cold, dark, and snow has really set in and it has defiantly taken some getting used to. Most people agree it's hard to get out of bed in the morning and with a pregnancy on top of it, I am really having to have some self -talks to get going. We leave for SC in a few days and I think it's coming at a great time because I need a break from the climate up here.

Scott is wonderful as always...such a great husband and dad! He's an Instructor Pilot on the AWACS and enjoys his job here. Being in Alaska has awakened a hunting passion in him neither of us knew existed. Thankfully hunting season is only 2 months long...mid-August through mid-October. Jackson is doing well and continues to be a huge source of joy in our lives! He is into a lot and is the reason there are no pictures attached to this post....he peed on my computer and now it's dead. So you can guess what's on my Christmas wish list. As for me I stay busy as usual taking care of my boys and the house, exercising, Bible study, etc.. Also, God has blessed me with a great prayer group and those 3 girls have been such an encouragement to me...and I am really needing it these days!
Thanks for caring enough to read about us and I hope your holidays are wonderful!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm glad to hear all is going well for you!

Robin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you. We received your picture this morning and I was so excited. Thank you for thinking of us. Have a great time in SC and hopefully our card will be waiting for you when you get home! {{HUGS}}

McKinney Madness said...

Wait a minute. Did you say Jackson PEED on your computer?? OH NO!! You didn't tell me about that! I hope you've been nice enough for Santa to bring you a computer for Christmas! I love ya'll!

Brooklyn said...

Hooray!! Praying for that tiny little baby!! We're so happy for you all. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you! love aunt debbie