Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September

This is my baby brother Ross. He and his wife Heather just left for Africa with 3 other couples. They are on a mission team whose goal is to disciple the Makonde people. They are going to be in Tanga, Tanzania for the first 4 months learning the language then they are going to Mtwara for the rest of the time. Ross plans on going into the villages and wherever else the Lord takes him. Ross is very gifted at evangelism and I know the Lord is leading this team so I am excited to see what happens. Please Please Please keep Ross, Heather, and the rest of the Makonde team in your prayers! Mom, Raegen, Rhett, and I visited Ross the days leading up to his departure. Here Rhett and Ross are spraying Ross and Heather's clothes with something to repel the mosquitoes. Malaria is bad where they are going.
I flew from SC to AL to visit my Grandmother for her 80th birthday. I got to stay with my cousin Gian and his wife Mandy since my grandparent's house was full. I really enjoyed my stay with them. We were able to get our very own tour of the fire station thanks to my cousin Neil who works there. Below: Neil, me, Jackson, Griffin, Alanah, and Mandy
Me and Jackson at Grandmother's Birthday party dinner
Mom, me, and Grandmother
Most of the Kellis cousins: Ryder, Jackson, Bella, Rom, and Maya
My niece, Sophia, turned 3 while I was in SC visiting. so we were able to go to her birthday party at Monkey Joes. Here is Jackson going down the slide.
Little Rom is always good at helping me with Jackson.
Me and the Birthday girl!
Anton is the foreign exchange student that is living with my family this year. He is from Sweden, he is very good at football, he fits in very well with my family, and is a great addition!
After Raegen's wedding we went to Greenville to visit Scott's friends and family. Here Jackson is playing in Scott's parent's backyard.
Jackson with Grandmomma Watson (Scott's mom)
We got away for a bit, just me and Scott, to go to his family's lake house and swim. It was a nice little get-a-way.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Rachel! Love all the updates and pics! Miss you guys! Give Jackson a big hug for us!

McKinney Madness said...

These are great pictures! Looks like you definitely made the most of your time in SC and AL!!