Wednesday, December 2, 2009

VitaMix and Juicer

2 kitchen appliances that I use daily are the VitaMix and the Breville Juicer. These products are great and I don't know what I'd do without them! The VitaMix I have used for months to puree' Jackson's food, but after one of my last visits home, my sister-in-law (Chelsea) got me into making smoothies. This has been great because you can make a super-healthy meal out of a smoothie. Most everyday my smoothie is:
1-2 cups coconut water
1 Tbs Berry Green
1 Tbs Hemp or Flaxseed
1/2 Tbs Fiber
1 Tbs Udo's Oil
1 pitted date
1/8 cup almonds
1/2 banana
5 oz frozen berry mix
All organic, of course



We started juicing this summer after buying the Champion Juicer, but after a while we quit for several reasons...one of which was the difficulty of dealing with that particular juicer. So when I went home and Chelsea came over and showed me how to juice with this Breville juicer, I was hooked. As soon as I got back home, I went out to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought this Breville juicer and it is so easy to use and clean!!! So now, every morning before we eat anything, we drink a super healthy glass of juice. The main ingredients we juice are (all organic): carrots, apples, lemon, Romaine lettuce, spinach, kale, celery, cabbage, etc... The plan is to incorporate more and more vegetables and fruits in time. This has been a great way for me to consume vegetables since there are so few vegetables I will eat and then they are usually cooked which kills all the enzymes and many nutrients.

1 comment:

Erin Lewis said...

Thanks for the information on the products - I am seriously considering getting these! Also, concerning Jackson's health, we will continue to keep him in our prayers. It is such a blessing that you are nursing and feeding him healthy foods, I can't imagine how sick he might have been if you had decided differently. You are a great mother! Jackson will be so grateful for you for this and so many other reasons!